Friday 5 January 2018

Evaluation 4: New Media Technologies

How Did You Use New Media Technologies in the Construction, Research, Planning and Evaluation Stages? 

iPhone and iOS: My iPhone was the main technologies that I used throughout filming and planning. This technology allowed me to use apps that would let me communicate with Rachael. The apps I used for communication were iMessage and Snapchat. Snapchat was used to plan the cast and ask our friends if they would take part. I used the reminder app to send myself notifications for when to meet up with Rachael and when I needed to bring in equipment to school. I used the notes app on my phone to keep a 'to do' list that I could tick off as tasks were completed. The camera was also used on my phone for filming and planning. I used my iPhone camera to take pictures of our hand-drawn storyboards and mind maps to post on my blog. I also used my phone to take photos of our locations and characters when planning our trailer.













Facebook: I have used Facebook to send Rachael links to our trailer on YouTube and photos that we took for our poster and magazine cover.

Blogger: All of our research and planning for our trailer has been posted on blogger. I have found it really easy to use as it is accessible from school and at home.












Youtube: YouTube is a platform for sharing films and videos. I have used it throughout producing our trailer as I have posted every draft on my channel.







iMovie: We used iMovie to edit our trailer on. We chose to use iMovie as it is most compatible with other Apple software like our iPhones. This meant that when we footage or images from our iPhones to my mac book there was no need to convert or adjust them. I also used iMovie as I have



Photoshop: I have used Photoshop massively throughout producing our product. I have used it to make all the text transparent and create black backgrounds that fit the trailer. I used Photoshop when creating our production company logo. I did this by using the straight line tool to create a basic rectangle. I created small angled rectangles that are translucent for the windows. For my film poster, I used a plain image of some feet hanging from a bed next to a vodka bottle. The original photo I took was landscape but due to some unwanted details in the full image, I decided to crop it and make it portrait. To make the image longer I used the clone stamp tool on the floor and brought the wooden effect down to create the illusion of a long shot. I layered a black to transparent gradient over the bottom and the left-hand side to increase the illusion of a full image. This gradience also darkened the whole piece which links to my research on psychological thriller posters. I cut out an image of a hand I took and placed that underneath the girl's leg to make it look like she's going to get grabbed.













Powerpoint: We have used Powerpoint in the planning stages of our product when creating a pitch to present to our class about our initial ideas. We made different slides to discuss each topic such as the title, plot and cast. I used Powerpoint to create the text for our titles as this was the only application that had the font we wanted to use. We used a font called 'biro' and screenshot several different texts and used photoshop to adjust them to create our final texts.

No comments:

Post a Comment