Tuesday 26 December 2017

Left Behind Magazine Cover


I have tried to link back to my research within my magazine cover as I have used red for the cover line titles and white text to help convey the psychological thriller genre.

 To create this magazine I used an image that relates to the trailer as the main image. I have used a filter over the image to create a dark and ominous atmosphere. I have used the font Impact for the cover lines, title and tagline. This is a typical convention found in already existing magazines as it is a strong, bold font.

I have used pugs and gratifications where the audience have been promised that they'll see certain things inside the magazine. I have included an issue number, prince, website, barcode and publication logo as these are found in all existing magazines.

The composition of this magazine is not entirely traditional as the image is off centre. Main images on front covers tend to be in the centre and are the first thing you see. As a close up of a characters face would not be the strongest synergetic link between the magazine and the trailer, we have used an image of a female looking out the window. The picture is off centre meaning that in the centre of the piece there is nothing interesting to look at.


After some feedback I received about my magazine cover, I have made some changes to the main image. I have changed the main image to be conventional and suitable for the genre. I have included the face of the main character from our trailer as this is more true to the psychological thriller genre. 


I have added more pugs and gratifications to fill up the empty space on the cover. 
 
 
I have moved the magazine title behind the characters head to create more of a mainstream magazine cover. Popular and mainstream magazines can cover some of their title as fans and readers will recognise the format.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment